Each and every part of our face uniquely contributes to the aesthetics of the face. The proportion of all the features of the face in respect to each other and in respect to the face in whole is what makes a face beautiful and attractive. However, many people face issues with one feature of the face or another. A large number of people often find their face to be beautiful when looked at from the front, but to them something appears to be missing from the side profile of the face or the fluidity of the neck with the face. This may happen due to the weak proportions of the chin. Fortunately, today restoring the proportions of the chin is relatively easy. This has been made possible by the use of chin implants in the plastic surgery. Chin can be augmented to make it look sharper and enhance the face and it can be reduced as well to lessen the prominence of the jaw line in the profile.
Chin implants can be crucial in more ways than one. They can optimize the balance between various facial features. If the contours of the chin are weak it can make the nose appear unusually big. Chin implants can be used for the enlargement of the chin so that every feature of the face plays its part cordially with each other.
Chin implants surgeries are not as popular as other surgeries; however, sometimes chin implants can be a game- changing procedure for a person who wishes to look perfect. Chin implants can be useful for both the shape as well as the size of the chin.
Who can go for chin implants?
Chin implant surgery can be opted for by people who have a prominent nose, abruptly pointy chin, elongated or squared chin or who have thick or fleshy neck. Chin implants can better define the jaw and restore the balance in the facial features. Quite often, chin implants are done in conjunction with other procedures as well. They are done along with rhinoplasty and lip augmentation.
Candidates who want to go for chin implants should have realistic expectations from the chin implants procedure. Like every surgical procedure, chin implants also have their own set of limitations. The patient should not be suffering from hypertension, recent history of heart diseases and should generally be in good health.
How do the chin implants look like?
Chin implants may be modified by the cosmetic surgeon to achieve customized results. However, the end results of a chin implantation surgery also depend on the material that is used for the implants. A good cosmetic job on chin implants would provide seamless looking and sharp jaw line. With the use of various softwares, now cosmetic surgeons can demonstrate to a chin implant candidate, what can be the outcome of the surgery. Though one very important thing to remember is that softwares do not predict the results accurately. They give a fair idea about what to expect from the surgery.
Chin augmentation by chin implants
People, who do not have a well defined chin, can benefit hugely form chin augmentation procedure which is done by chin implants. The bone under the teeth can be enhanced using chin implants. The implants are placed at this location under the skin and the chin can be defined more with the help of the chin implants.
Things to know about the chin implantation procedure:-
- The chin implantation procedure is a lunch time or an out- patient procedure and therefore it only take 45 minutes to an hour and a half for the completion of the procedure.
- The patient may be treated under local or general anesthesia.
- The incisions can be made either inside the mouth or under the chin. The incisions which are made inside the mouth leave no visible scar. Through these incisions the implants can be inserted in the desired position. The position of the implants is adjusted as per the desired outcome to achieve the balance amongst the facial features. The chin implant is held in its place with the help of sutures which are soluble and take about 10 days to heal.
Complications associated with chin implantation surgery:-
Chin implants surgery is quite safe but in rare cases it presents its own set of complications. After the procedure, regular amounts of bruising and swelling are normal. They can take about a month to completely subside. Improperly sutures implants can move from its place under the skin. This procedural lapse may call for a second surgery. There are chances of infection that may occur due to lack of proper post- operative care. Sometimes numbness after the surgery may persist for longer than normal duration. This may happen due to the use of anesthesia. If any abnormality is noticed after the procedure the cosmetic surgeon should be consulted immediately.
Understanding Chin Implant or Augmentation in India Procedures
The chin speaks of the character of the face. Any deformity on the chin can change the whole structure of the face. Chin implants and chin augmentation is a simple way to correct any deformity in the chin. Deformities on the chin can be caused because of birth defects, fights, road accidents Chin implants and chin augmentation surgeries in India along with other general plastic surgery niches have been seeing a lot of transitions over time. From best resources being developed due to modern medical science as well as the beginning of most advanced forms of surgery in India—chin implants and chin augmentation surgery in India has changedhow it waswith the years that have gone by. The best teams of surgeons help you through understand the in-demand procedures as per the right treatment plan you are allotted.
Types of chin implants and chin augmentation surgery-
- Occasionally, you might have skin that is part of the chin come along as very loose. This might cause it to hangs down all over the jaw and cause obstructive issues. The problem might cause issues while doing daily activities of all kinds. In case a patient meets all criteria of the chin implant and chin augmentation surgery.
- Debraj Shome is one of the best names in chin implant and chin augmentation surgery and he takes care to freesolutionsthat come across as feasible.
- Meanwhile, there exists another kind of chin implant surgery involving reduction of the chin. This is mostly done for cosmetic reasons,rather than for something else. The main reason why some go in for the chin augmentation surgery as reduction of skin puff around the lower chin zone. Chin implant or chin augmentation surgery is also done to reduce skin wrinkling.
- Another popular cosmetic application of the chin implant and chin augmentation is the chin enhancement process. This leads to the creation of what we call well-formed chins, which don’t look as if they come with alimited height.
- There also exists this 10-minute process known as nonsurgical chin implant, which involves use ofinjectable fillers such as hyaluronic acid or collagen, for volume restoration along the chin area.
- Genioplasty surgery is a type of orthognathic surgery, which is used for reducing and changing the chin shape.
Types of implants used in chin implant or chin augmentation surgeries in India in India-
The object of chin implant or chin augmentation surgery is to give a strong looking chin which makes the neck appear less fleshy. There are many different types of chin implants used in chin augmentation surgery in India. These include
- Siliconechin implants
- Polyethylenechin implants
- Polytetrafluoroethylenechin implants
- Acellular Dermal Matrixchin implants
Before the chin implant or chin augmentation surgery in India the surgeon will be able to show you the change the chin implants will make in your facial appearance using three dimensional imaging techniques. Sometimes the surgeons might further carve out the readymade implants to fit the face better.
Chin implant or chin augmentation surgeries in India are done as an outpatient procedure as a rule. The chin augmentation surgery usually takes about forty five minutes to perform. The incision is made under the chin or from inside the mouth. The chin implant is then placed inside the mouth and the surgeon will examine the adjustments. Once satisfied with the chin implant the surgeon will stitch the implant in place using sutures and screws and then close the incision using dissolvable sutures.
You will be able to see the results of chin augmentation or chin implant surgery in India almost immediately. Proper care should be followed after chin implant or chin augmentation surgery in India so that the implant fixes in place properly and there is no risk of infections. You will be advised to be on liquid diet for few days and not take up any strenuous work after the chin implant or chin augmentation surgery in India. Any kind of numbness or swelling that you might feel after the chin implant surgery will go within six week and you can resume normal activity.
Dr. Debraj Shome is among the most experienced Facial plastic surgeons around the globe in chin implants and chin augmentation surgeries in India. Dr. Debraj Shome has a good list of accolades tagged on to his name and is presently based in Mumbai.
Dr. Shome is a man who has numerous brilliant feathers in his cap. His achievements make a never exhaustive list. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Marquis Who’s Who
- Best Oculoplastic Surgeon India
- Marquis Who’s Who Asia Pacific
- Best Plastic Surgeon in World
- Best Plastic Surgeon Mumbai
- Top 10 Cosmetic Surgeons in India
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology’s Journal, ‘Dermatologic Surgery’ and for the ‘Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery.’
- Bharat Biotech – LVPEI Travel Grant Award in 2005
- Travelling Grant Fellowship Award from the Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow for his work in Oncology research in Celebrity 2005
- Reviewer for top journals like Indian Journal of Ophthalmology & ‘Head and Neck Surgery’.