Want To Treat That Additional Fat? Wait No More!
Your character makes your first impression, but before that, your face and body leaves imprints about you. If you have extra fat over your body and a bulky look, people will automatically make an impression about you that you are lazy, you can’t take care of yourself and you can’t manage anything. Even if they don’t feel this way, you lose your confidence against any fit competitor.
What is Malar Fat?
The malar fat pad is responsible for the normal convex appearance of the cheeks. When the smooth transition between the skin below the eyes and cheeks turns fluffy and round in shape, that accumulation of the fat on the face is known as excess malar fat. Excess Malar fat and the resultant change in your face contour, is one of the earliest signs of you losing your youthfulness. Sometimes fat accumulates only on one side of the cheeks creating asymmetries between two cheeks and sometimes changing your face shape from oval to round or squarish.
Causes of Malar Fat
As yet, doctors do not know about the actual reason for the causes of disproportionate fat on the face. Some studies suggest it might be the effect of some allergies, thyroid etc. or any other medical causes. Owing to genetic & medical causes, sometimes fat can accumulate at a very early age, say 23-27. The real reasons are not known, that is why it is difficult to take precautions.
How Can Malar Fat Be Reduced
The best solution for the malar fat reduction is liposuction. It involves sucking out small areas of cheek fat, which are hard to lose through exercise and a healthy diet. Once you have decided to have Liposuction done, then you should visit a good, certified plastic surgeon. The surgery looks simple, but if the surgeon is not well experienced and certified, then a small mistake of the surgeon can lead to scars on your face for a life time.
Types of Liposuction
Liposuction is usually carried out under the effect of an anaesthetic. The surgeon will mark the area where fat is to be removed. Then anaesthesia is injected into that particular area to reduce blood loss, bruising and swelling. Further process involves breaking up the fat cells, making a small incision (cut) and inserting a suction tube. Suction tube is moved back and forth to suck extra fat as well as to drain any excess fluid and blood. Stitches are made on the affected areas. The whole process usually takes two to three hours.
This technique uses ultrasound waves to liquefy the fat. It is generally used on the larger area like back, abdomen etc.
It uses low energy waves to dilute extra fat and then the fat is extracted out by a small cannula.
Non surgical lipolysis
Non surgical lipolysis can use machines like Ulthera, Venus Freeze and High Intensity Focussed Ultrasound (HIFU) to contour the face. It also uses injections of phosphatidylcholine (PPC) like Kybella injections, to remove localised fat depots in areas like fat cheeks and double chin.
For full recovery minimum two weeks are required. If there is any bandage or corset, it needs to be taken care of while you shower. The results of the procedure aren’t always noticeable until the swelling has gone down. It might take up to six months for the area to be normal. The surgeon may call you after about a week to remove your stitches if dissolvable thread isn’t used.
- No more fluffiness on the cheeks
- Enhance that fullness in your face
- Regains that rejuvenated look on your face
- Gives you better confidence
- Less time taken and no stay in the hospital
- No visible marks
Myths about Liposuction
- Fat will come back after Liposuction: Accumulation of fat in body varies person to person. Generally, fat is not distributed evenly in the body, so liposuction is not the cause of gaining fat; it is the body type and how it reacts to the fat.
- You are too old for Liposuction: Everybody wants to look good and healthy, age doesn’t play any role. Liposuction only removes extra fat and there is no harm or age for removing it.
- Liposuction is only for Obese People: Anybody can have extra fat and in any part of the body. Liposuction is a successful treatment for fat removal irrespective of the body part or body type.
- Liposuction is only for women: I do not know why people think so. Do men not want to have a sound body and in perfect proportions? If women want to look good for men, then why would men not want to look good for women? Liposuction is not only about outside beauty; it is also about boosting your self-esteem.
Dr Debraj Shome is one of the best consultants when you look for the best treatment for surgical fat reduction or liposuction in India. Dr. Shome also performs many forms of non surgical lipolysis, including Kybella injections, to contour your face. His name falls under the top 10 facial plastic and aesthetic surgeons in India and his impressive body of work will vouch for it. After graduation, he super specialized in cosmetic surgery and has a fleet of fellowships to his credit. His vast experience in the field, allows any patient to go easy on the anxiety while taking the decision to go in for the fat reduction surgery or not when it is Dr. Shome at the helm.